Episode 22 of the Fair Pole Podcast features Carter Hicks who works in Baseball Operations for USA Baseball and has a hand in multiple areas of USA Baseball including the selection of National Teams, including the Olympic team, running a National High School Baseball Tournament and more.
We visit with Carter to chat about his journey from playing high school baseball in Apex, North Carolina to being a part of our national governing body for baseball in the US.
Some of the other topics included:
- Playing baseball at a small school and how that helped mold his journey and career
- Analytics and how they have impacted the game as a whole
- How young is too young to be worried about data and numbers
- What is America's brand of baseball and how does that compare to other countries
- How does America continue to grow the game of baseball
... and more.
Chris Edwards also provides a look at the history of the infield fly rule and how the rule has changed since its inception in the 1800's
Follow us on twitter: @FairPolePodcast
Find us on Facebook: Fair Pole Podcast
Email us: [email protected]
Thanks to the @galry for their support of the podcast this week.